The Super Duper
This salsa freezes without losing its rich flavor if you have any leftovers.
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 med. Onion, diced
- 4 med. Tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (15oz) Tomato Sauce
- 3 Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. dried Cilantro, crushed
- 1 tbsp. White Vinegar
Simmer together oil, onion, tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapeno, bell pepper and cilantro for 1 hour. Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar.
Let cool, yield 2 ½ cups.
Watch out for this one!
- 3 med Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 6 Green Onions, cut in ½ inch pieces
- ½ bunch fresh Cilantro, minced
Combine all of the above and chill. Add a tbsp. of paprika to brighten cooked salsa.
Yield 2 cups
Salsa Verde! Green salsa has a unique spicy hot flavour we’re sure you will enjoy.
- 1.5 Cups Long Green Chilles
- 5 Cups Tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 Cups Onions, chopped
- 1 Cup Bottled Lemon juice
- 6 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground Cumin
- 3 Tbsps Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and stir frequently over high heat until mixture begins to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle hot mixture into jars, leaving ½ inch headspace. Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner for 15-20 minutes. .
Yield 2 cups