Veseys

US (Switch to Canada)

Information for Gardeners

Gardeners’ Forum: “red lily beetle, and little green inch worms”

Veseys Home » Learn » Gardeners’ Forum » red lily beetle, and little green inch worms
Back to Gardeners’ Forum
  • red lily beetle, and little green inch worms

Posted by Shar on Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:13 AM AST

I have two "pests" in my garden and I'm not talking about my two cats that love to lay under my hosta leaves and when I'm not looking reach out with their little paws and swat my hand-----scares the life out of me. My first problem is the red lily beetle, thanks to them I now have no lillies and I loved my lily bed, there has to be a spray that will kill them????? My next problem is a little green inch worm, they usually don't start up until about Aug. but then they attack my columbine and loosestrife, there's a hundred of them on one little plant, although I must say two of my grandchildren think I'm the coolest thing ever when I squash them, this can take hours, when I'd really rather be walking around looking at my garden or playing in the sandbox. Any advise gardeners.

• re: red lily beetle, and little green inch worms

Posted by Gaby on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:40 PM AST

the first time I saw a red lilly beetle on my plants, I immediately sprayed them with the proper dilution of Malathion. Now, each year, as soon as I see the first beetle, off I go with my spray bottle. I've saved many, many lillies, albeit not in a "green" way.

• re: red lily beetle, and little green inch worms

Posted by shar on Monday, April 16, 2012 7:27 PM ADT

thanks I'll give it a try.

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be displayed on the fourm.
Your message will appear on the site after it has been reviewed by Veseys staff. Your patience is appreciated.