Sophie's Blueberry and Lemon Friands (Tea Cakes)By Sophie Sauer
- 175 g (5-3/4 oz) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Ground Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Rind
- 1 - 2/3 Cups Sifted Icing Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Sifted Flour
- 5 Egg Whites (if using egg whites from a container, use 150 ml)
- 200 g Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC)
Place ground almond, grated lemon rind, icing sugar and flour in a bowl and mix to combine. Add egg whites to a bowl and mix. Add melted butter and mix until combined.
Pour mixture into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle friands with blueberries. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch. Makes 12-14 (depending on how full your muffin tins are).