Sweet Potato Recipes
Pecan Crumble Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4-5 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) butter divided
- 1 cup (250ml) coarsely crushed graham wafers
- 1 cup (250ml) pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1ml) black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cook sweet potatoes until soft, then mash. Let cool.
Meanwhile, melt 5 tbsp. (75ml) of the butter. Combine melted butter, graham wafer crumbs, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
Mix the remaining 3 tbsp. (45ml) of the butter, salt and pepper with the mashed potatoes. Spoon into casserole dish. Top with pecan mixture.
Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.