Veseys

US (Switch to Canada)

Information for Gardeners

Gardeners’ Forum: “garden chat rooms”

Veseys Home » Learn » Gardeners’ Forum » garden chat rooms
Back to Gardeners’ Forum
  • garden chat rooms

Posted by charlie on Monday, June 25, 2001 7:48 AM ADT

wondering if any one uses a garden chat room that actually talks of gardening , and not useless yack ,if so please pass along

• re: garden chat rooms

Posted by darcey on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 1:29 PM ADT

I hope so Charlie this is the first time to this site but I have a garden and would like to ask some questions and hopefully get knowledgable advice. One is I dug up some new potatoes and they were white but one of the uneaten potatoes turned green a few days later. I understand that new ones don't keep well but is this supposed to happen?

Posted by sue on Thursday, July 5, 2001 2:04 PM ADT

Actually, your e-mail was the only one that didn't talk about gardening and was full of "useless yack". Maybe try calling a gardening guild in your area to see if they know of any "good" chat rooms.

Posted by Joannie on Friday, July 20, 2001 4:04 PM ADT

Charlie: I have found www.canadiangardening.com. Click on GardenTalk. You'll see message board where questions are listed and responses given. Forget Patio Forum - it's more about the useless chitchat you're NOT looking for. Keep in mind that there's a lot of humour on this forum but there are a number of knowledgeable gardeners with sound advice. Ignore the others. Good luck and good gardening. Joannie

Posted by Larry Krause on Friday, September 7, 2001 4:19 PM ADT

An excellent site is "reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp" also has a recipie chat site, a birdwatching site and veggie and flowergardening sites. They also have Backyard chats and kitchen chats...very interesting. I check it everyday..enjoy! It is a very clean site!

Posted by Larry Krause on Friday, September 7, 2001 4:20 PM ADT

An excellent site is "reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp" also has a recipie chat site, a birdwatching site and veggie and flowergardening sites. They also have Backyard chats and kitchen chats...very interesting. I check it everyday..enjoy! It is a very clean site!

Posted by C Donovan on Saturday, October 13, 2001 4:19 PM ADT

There is an awsome website with a great forum, it's Garden Web. It has a lot of members, and you receive replys quickly!

Posted by Brian on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:27 PM ADT

I was looking for a garden chat room to talk gardening. I have a million questions I would like to ask educated gardener's!

Posted by Colleen on Monday, October 20, 2008 7:26 PM ADT

I just planted my bulbs Saturday night. It frosted this AM. Do I keep watering them until the ground freezes to develop the root?

• winterizing petunias

Posted by Yvonne on Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:30 PM AST

I know that I have read somewhere in my hundreds of gardening magazine collection that it is possible to winterize petunias just like a geranium - pulling them up and putting them in a paper bag and store in cool and dark space until spring. Has anyone tried this?

Posted by The Hollyberry Lady on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:02 AM AST

Hey Gardeners! Well, I just wanted to share that for the past 5 Winters in a row, while it is snowing outside, I grow petunias and geraniums, as well as other flowers, in my south facing windows, and they bloom all Winter long!!! Old man Winter doesn't stop me, one little bit!!! I even grow Dwarf sunflowers, indoors, when it's -20 outside!!! The Hollyberry Lady.

Posted by sHell on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:31 PM AST

aphids are attacking my cabbage plants does anyone know any natural ways of getting rid of them ??????????

Posted by sHell on Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:53 PM AST

hello anyone there ????????? please help me help my plants !!

• re: garden chat rooms : aphids attacking cabbage plants

Posted by YourHomeForum on Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:08 PM AST

Other than using diazinon or malathion, you can try using soap or boil up one pound of rhubarb leaves in a few pints of water for about 20 minutes, allow to cool, and then strain the liquid into a spray bottle add some dish detergent and spray on leaves to kill aphids.

• Out dated chat room.

Posted by sylvia grantham on Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:22 PM AST

The newest message listed is 2001 Is there anything recent.? I love gardening. Lilies are my favorite. Is there anyone out there from the prairies. It would be nice to talk to people in my Zone 3.

Posted by l nelson on Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:41 PM AST

When is the best time to plan summer bulbs

Posted by Mackenzie on Monday, February 23, 2009 9:28 PM AST

hi i am growing Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni for a school project but i am having a bit of trouble getting it to germinate. Could someone please give me some tips. mack-k-thomas@hotmail.com

Posted by Marie on Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:10 PM AST

Hello sHell, The best way to fight aphids is to grow chives in the same pot or next to the plant in the garden. Good Luck!!

Posted by Cyd Bennett on Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:24 PM AST

Hi Nelson, the best time to plant summer bulbs is the end of Apr. or Beginning of May, after danger of hard frost. My question is when should you fertilize the spring bulbs? Mine are coming up now, but is it still too early? I'm in zone 2.

• MSN Groups Garden Chat

Posted by LisaGHM on Friday, March 13, 2009 1:28 PM ADT

I just found out the BHG Groups Friendly Garden Chat was taken down! I had loads of pictures on BHG Friendly Gardeners site! Do you know if everyone migrated to another site? Please Help! It's almost spring and I would like to reconnect with everyone! Thank you for your help.

Posted by Barbara Faneuff on Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:52 AM ADT

I need to get into chat room for gardeners. Any sites available?

Posted by phil on Friday, March 27, 2009 9:12 AM ADT

i am new to using computer but not new to gardening i found an excellant site called over the garden gate they chat about plants shrubs etc

Posted by sueslorach on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:40 AM ADT

we live in a drought area, what should be planted, small perenials, for cottage garden.hope this lovely site can help

Posted by katie on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:58 PM ADT

I am also new to using computer/chatrooms..but have recently in the past couple of years gotten into gardening..I hope to get some good tips..Like tonight is suppose to be freezing-does anyone have any good tips for keeping all my budding azaleas/flowers alive?

• Dewit Weed Barrier

Posted by Tony on Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:00 PM ADT

Does anyone out there use Dewit Weed Barrier for there entire garden ? I was thinking of doing this and was wondering if anyone has done it ? Thanks for reading and responding

Posted by Shirley on Monday, April 20, 2009 11:30 PM ADT

Now that the snow is gone, I have found one of my flowerbeds is covered with moss. There was a small amount there in the fall, but this spring the whole bed is covered. What will this do to my plants and how do I get rid of it. Any ideas ?

Posted by gwyn on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:52 PM ADT

i bought tulips, when i took them out of the tiny pot they(2) came in they were bound together, i tried to seperate them and some roots broke. will they die?

• getting rid of moss

Posted by Shirley on Friday, May 1, 2009 10:28 AM ADT

I think putting lime on moss will get rid of it.

Posted by Veronica Barzelatto on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:57 PM ADT

Hello somebody out there who knows whther I can find first and grow veronica liwanensis between patio stones in Berkeley, CA. From my reading information it would do fine, but cannot find it in any nursery. Help!

• Use Ortho Dial and spray with Miracle Grow

Posted by George Tate on Monday, June 15, 2009 10:36 PM ADT

Does anyone know the setting I would use on my Ortho Dial and Spray if I were to use Miracle Grow in it?

Posted by mefsomr on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 9:40 AM ADT

i want to share with the garden room chat

Posted by greenthumb on Friday, July 10, 2009 8:22 PM ADT

what is a natural cheap form of lime to add to soil?

• mice

Posted by lynn on Friday, August 28, 2009 9:12 PM ADT

I have noticed some of my tomatoes being eaten lately, and after thinking it may have been my dog, raccoons, groundhogs, and even a neighborhood cat, I've caught the culprit red handed (no pun intended) it was a mouse. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Does anyone out there in the wonderful world of gardening have any ideas, suggestions, help etc on how to stop mice from getting into my garden and ruining my hard worked for crop? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Barb on Monday, September 7, 2009 1:11 PM ADT

mefsomr, would also like to talk gardening, my favorite hobby. Everything beautiful right now, before Fall sets in. Barb

• re:mice

Posted by doe on Friday, September 11, 2009 4:20 PM ADT

My cat loves my garden

Posted by pauline on Monday, November 2, 2009 12:15 PM AST

I'd like to get a copy of Birds & Blooms/Oct/Nov 2003,story "Enchanted Forest Is A Work of Art.Page 47 called 4 depts at Reiman can't help. anyone out there.

Posted by Doug on Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:02 PM AST

I am interested in starting a new Halloween tradition. Besides candy, lets hand out seed along with and start the kids sprouting for winter, something for the table, a few indoor plants, and a plan for spring garden. I’ve contacted a few seed catalogue companies, they seem interested, but if a few more people call around besides myself; maybe by next fall that will be added to the National Halloween Holiday. I’ve been collecting marigold seeds on my own. They make a nice tea for colds. So I will give them with instructions next year.

Posted by Doug on Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:08 PM AST

Rhubarb hasn’t been developed as an export crop. From what I know it doesn’t grow down south. So it is something that the north would have to accomplish. Rhubarb and celery look alike, Rhubarb doesn’t need much water to cook and gets mushy. Something the south might like to hydrate their bodies. I was going to send it down as rhubarb ice cream to cool them off. Or just frozen pieces so they can do what they want. They have been sending up celery all these years, which when cooked stays tougher more for winter weather, so lets balance the trade and send them rhubarb.

Posted by norma horn on Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:11 PM AST

like to talk about gardening problems and solutioms..am a master gardener

Posted by norma horn on Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:42 PM AST

i have 40 years plus experience in gargening in zone 7..veggies and herbs..I am a landscaper and a rn..gardening is my passion.. e mail questions...free..

Posted by Royce Baucke on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:24 AM AST

Greetings to all fellow gardeners around the world. I am a tropical gardener specializing in gingers, heleconias, frangipanis, cycads and palms. I live in the northern part of Australia in the tropics. Would love to talk to other gardeners from around the world. Thankyou. Cheers. Royce.

Posted by Monica on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:05 PM AST

Looking for help on keeping my indoor plants alive. I don't even know their names/types. I've had them a week and yellow leaves are multiplying...Help!!!

Posted by liz on Sunday, February 21, 2010 2:00 PM AST

ilike gardening are you also in it?

Posted by Cheryl on Monday, February 22, 2010 10:47 PM AST

Message for Norma--I have a great passion for gardening and was gardening long before the gardening bug hit. My questions is - I live in rural NS zone 5b and have a very large rural lot with the backyard bordering on a natural tree area. I have a sunroom that over looks this area, how best would you suggest developing this area to be pleasing as a view from my sunroom. The area would be approx 3-4 acres. I like woodland flowers etc.

• Aphids and other insects and diseases.

Posted by Kristine on Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:08 PM AST

To remove aphids, I make the following Garden Bug Formula for insect & disease control: 1c liquid dish soap, 1c antiseptic mouthwash, and 1c chewing tabacco juice. Fill balance of the sprayer jar with warm water. I am in zone 11.

Posted by charlotte on Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:21 AM AST

HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF GRAPE VINES? DO I DO ANYTHING WITH THEM IN THE SPRING? I AM NEW AT THIS KIND OF THING. THANK YOU.

• how do you grow chard to seed ?

Posted by Barbara Bolez on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:32 PM AST

I love chard and harvest lots of it but have yet to have it bolt or be able to get seed from it. Do I need to grow some strictly for seed or can I harvest the outside leaves and let the center go till it blooms?

Posted by charlotte on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:11 AM ADT

please tell me how to deadhead flowers. i have lot of black eye susans flowers should i divide them?

• seed germination

Posted by orla on Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:50 PM ADT

Hi there i wounder if some one could give me a little advice? I have sown bizzy lizzy's about two and a half weeks ago and they still have not germinated yet .They are in a glass house .I am just a little worried that they won't be ready for sale in early may am i doing something wrong?

Posted by Janet MacDonald on Saturday, March 27, 2010 7:05 PM ADT

re: Aphids. I rounded up all the lady bugs I could find and dumped them on the chrythantheums I have. They had a blast! One fat female scoffed up one of them while having a male riding on her back. Sorry guys. Bugs do have sex!

• re:Hello fellow gardeners...

Posted by sfelkerart@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:52 PM ADT

I am a fellow gardener with a green thumb, some experience, and a love for the outdoors. I'm going to respond oldest to new, then post my own blog.

• re: Darcey "Potatoes gone green"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:57 PM ADT

I've grown potatoes before... What you saw was normal. Potatoes turn green when they are getting ready to propagate (grow roots and sprout a new plant.) So don't worry, they haven't gone bad.

• re: Colleen "Feezing fresh cut bulbs?"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:06 PM ADT

My experience freezing plants is to use that technique to preserve the stem and root system until the freeze passes over. The tender parts are usually the first to go when you do this. Your bulbs don't have a root system yet, they require humidity and warmth. Inexpensive solution is to put the clippings, container and all in a baggie or aquarium with waterproof lid with light watering. Good luck :)

• re: Sylvia "Outdated Chat room"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:12 PM ADT

My first reaction was the same, but then I noticed that this chat room posts Oldest to Newest. So the previous responce to you was made Dec 27, 2008. :)

• re: Lynn "Mouse burgalar!"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:25 PM ADT

LOL that's hillarious, no offence. That's the first time I heard that one. Vegetable plants are prone to insect invaiders. Do you want the humaine or inhumaine way to rid of the intrudor? I prefer humaine -I would cage my tomato plants with something sturdy enough, like a bird cage with very small gap between bars. Worked for me with my blueberry bushes. Good Luck :)

• re: Norma "master gardener with solutions to problems"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:31 PM ADT

Thank you for your blogs. Where is your contact info? Or are you a regular visitor to this chat/blog room?

• re: Royce "gardeners around the world"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:35 PM ADT

I'm in tropical Florida, US. Hello. Nice to meet you.

• re: Monica "indoor plants, don't know which type -help"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:38 PM ADT

From experience, generally yellowing leaves are a sign of over-watering. Hope I'm not too late to help:)

• re: Charlotte "How take care of grape vines?"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:48 PM ADT

I like fruit vines -they are fun to tame. They need something to climb, or else they will not fruit. Tame their growth, because they get out of hand quickly.

• re: Barbara "How to get Chard to seed?"

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:53 PM ADT

I'm not a Chard expert, but generally plants that don't achieve adulthood is because they are being restricted from growth somehow. If your plant is in a pot, this might be keeping it from growing large enough to fruit/seed. Hope that helps.

• re: Has anyone here had experience with Gumbo Limbo?

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:05 PM ADT

To all other questions I didn't answer, my appologies. My advice -reseach online in plant encyclopedias. Gumbo Limbo is a rare/native FL tree. I'm having better luck propagating from small clippings in an aquarium than 3-4 ft long clippings in individual pots. Anyone have any experience/advice for me?

Posted by rod on Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:05 PM ADT

hello

• locating a wheelbarrow

Posted by rod on Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:11 PM ADT

can you help or advise please. My wife mentioned that she could do with a wheelbarrow in a lightweight plastic. Guess what I cant find one anywhere, are you able to help or advise please. Thanks Rod.

• Rod: Where can I find a weelbarrow?

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:22 AM ADT

Check out Lowes.com and Walmart.com. Their pices range from the $50's-$160's. But Lowes has a larger selection. I hope you find what you're looking for:)

• My adorable daughter's garden

Posted by sfelkerart2@yahoo.com on Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:36 AM ADT

Hi fellow plant lovers. Just want to share my joy... on our last visit to the garden center, my daughter insisted I get her a pouch of seeds. She planted her pumkin seeds in the front yard, and they sprouted within a week! WOW. she sais she wants jack-o-lanterns and pumkin pies this halloween:) we'll see.

Posted by victoria on Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:05 AM ADT

hello, I recently moved from Fl. to Pa. and have found that the plants I love dont grow here. I have a 14x6 area in front of my new house that I would like to put some colorful plants or bushes in but I'm struggling. I'd like sometime "full" that blooms for a longer peroid of time.Can anyone suggest something?

Posted by mark tatum on Sunday, May 30, 2010 8:46 PM ADT

I have a kawanzon cherry tree that is half the size of another that i planted at the same time. will amonium nitrate kill it? if so what type of fertilizer should i use? thanks.

• rose bushes

Posted by Daphne Wallace on Sunday, June 6, 2010 8:23 PM ADT

hello, is there anyone in here who has taked a piece from the rose bush and put it in the ground to see if it will take root and make another rose bush?

Posted by Leal on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:11 AM ADT

anyone know what the problem is with hybrid lillies that suddenly have leaf die off? Also Asiatic doing same thing. Happens in just couple days.

• re: lily leaves dying

Posted by ****** **** on Monday, June 28, 2010 9:16 PM ADT

Have the lilies bloomed? Generally both hybrid & Asiatic lilies' leaves gradually turn yellow, then brown, then drop at some point after blooming is finished. If you haven't deadheaded them (cut off the top where the bloom was), I recommend it as they do better next year if not allowed to set seed. They will come back up next year & probably with more bulblets at base.

Posted by Wendy on Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:36 PM ADT

I have a Lilac bush that has some sort of disease where most of the bush is now producing leaves that are stunted and curled. I just noticed that one of my Rose of Sharon bushes that is 7 feet away from the Lilac is now having the beginnings of the same problem. I'd like to know what it is, if there's a cure or if they need to be removed. They are both mature plants.

• strange plant

Posted by rob on Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:11 PM ADT

i'm wondering if anyone out there can answer a question for me. i've tried searching online for an answer but have come up empty handed. i have got a plant growing that i didn't plant in my garden. it has the leaves similar to watermelon, but not exact. it's blossom likes almost like a spiral and is purple and white. it is starting to vine out and is right next to my watermelon. if someone could point me in the right direction to look, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Posted by brigid mitchell on Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:40 PM ADT

I have a 10 year old Hoya,it cascades about 9ft from its suspended pot!!it must be time to repot??what compost do I use,and should I feed it?its covered in sweet scented flowers and appears to thrive on neglect!!any tips? many thanks

• WHAT TO DO WITH BIG GRAPEVINE

Posted by CHARLOTTE on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:57 AM ADT

MY GRAPEVINE IS VERY BIG AHD THE SUN CAN NOT GET THROUGH TO GRAPES CAN I MAKE AN ARBOR THAT LIFTS THE LEAVES AND GRAPESSO THEY GET THE SUN CAN I MAKE AN ARBORFOR MY BIG GRAPEVINE SO THE SUN CAN GET TO THE GRAPES CAN I MAKE SOMETHING THAT CAN LIFT THE BOTH SIDE OF THE GRAPEVINE SO IT WILL GO ACROSS SO THAT THE GRAPES GROW DOWN AND THEY CAN GET SOME SUN /

• HOW TO MAKE THE EARTH IN MY FLOWER BED BETTER CANI USE LIME IN THE EARTH

Posted by CHARLOTTE on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:09 AM ADT

THE WEATHE IN PGH. WAS VERY HOT THIS SUMMER ANS MY BLACK EYE SUSANS LEAVES TURNE BLACK WOULD LIME IN THE SOIL HEIP

Posted by Demity on Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:19 PM ADT

I'm in zone 4 - do I need to cut back my daisies and/or hostas before winter sets in?

Posted by cheri on Monday, October 18, 2010 6:39 PM ADT

looking for a garden chat room that deals with gardens or plants. any one dealing with gophers ? thanks cheri

Posted by cheri030 on Monday, October 18, 2010 6:42 PM ADT

need advice on gophers

Posted by Marilyn on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:23 PM ADT

Would appreciate any info on sunroom gardening. This is my first year with a sunroom and my summer flowering was great but now how to winterize since sunroom not heated. Do I dig up all bulbs and take in house or what?

• jasmine

Posted by elizabeth10 on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:01 AM ADT

my neighbor has some sort of jasmine that has leaped the fence and now is taking over the lawn by the fence. Need to know how to corral this sucker.

Posted by Richard Pickering on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:37 PM AST

I have a problem with my vegtable garden in No. Florida. Seeds germinate then die off rapidly after getting to an inch or so above ground. Damping off? Or nematodes? Don't know or how to combat? Help!

Posted by Michelle on Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:20 PM AST

I used to go to an AOL Chat room for Gardeners. Does it still exist?

Posted by mike on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:17 PM AST

hello every one new to chat room

Posted by Roger on Friday, January 21, 2011 10:57 AM AST

I am starting a new garden in new soil that is esentialy clay/rocky junk. Although that will be a problem in itself my concern is also what plants can be planted next to each other. In the past I have had smaller gardens in which I didn't have to be as concerned as I do with this one because of this ones size. ie. my corn crop will be 3-4 rows deep but 40 ft long. various beans, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, broc. cabbage, garlic,onions etc. What goes next to what? I have all the room I can use, tunnels and raised beds will be built if I need them. New house, new garden...

Posted by Lisa on Monday, January 24, 2011 3:40 PM AST

Replying to new garden post: When designing your veggie garden you must place items where they will receive the most sun it needs. For example you wouldn't place tomatoes need a corn row because the corn may grow to high to shield the sun from the tomatoes. Think about where you receive the most sun and plant the tallest items in the last row away fro the sun; and, or in the center and spread out on both sides if you have enough room for all.

Posted by Lisa on Monday, January 24, 2011 3:45 PM AST

To all gardeners here. Nice to be back online. It's been a long time. I used to host on AOL in the garden chat. That was fun. Roses are my love. If anyone needs advice about roses ask anytime. :)P.S. Can't wait for April. New rose beds are going in.

• Garden stuff

Posted by Dr.rosedunk on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 4:19 PM AST

hello i am old and im not up speed on the inter web so excuce me if i am slow

Posted by scott on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:09 PM AST

this message is for 'Charlie'...what exactly is it you want to talk about??

Posted by Alex Boesen on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:10 AM ADT

Am a long time gardener and always like to hear new ideas especially from those in the North.

Posted by jo halt on Sunday, April 24, 2011 1:47 PM ADT

i put up a veg gerden with a kit that had a mesh cover with pic of the veggies and how deep to plant the seeds but i need to know if i am supposed to remove the mesh after i plant them or do i leave it on

Posted by collette on Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:24 PM ADT

I have shasta daisys and every year that they come back it is a bigger crop circle. They do not fill in in the middle. What is wrong? How can I get them to fill in?

Posted by Terri on Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:49 PM ADT

Last fall i bought fall blooming crocuses. I was told within 2 weeks of planting the crocus bulbs would bloom. Nothing, now it's May and i have all these green crocus leaves but no buds. What happened?

• winter gardening Vancouver island

Posted by margaret harper on Monday, November 28, 2011 5:26 PM AST

I want to keep parsley, chard, kale, carrots, onions alive, outside. clay soil with lots of mulch. Should I use plastic to cover plants?

Posted by Marilyn Phelan on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:18 PM AST

I live in an apartment without a balcony but do have an unheated "Summer" room. Summer 2011 has been my second growing season in this summer room with great success...but still havent be able to overwinter any flower bulbs...please some suggestions. M

• Do you have trouble digging up your bulbs?

Posted by Molly on Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:11 PM ADT

Do you have trouble digging up your bulbs? I do! Please reply!

• info on planting laurel leaf willows

Posted by bobbie on Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:48 PM ADT

hi there iam wondering if anyone out there knows how deep to plant laurel leaf willows? i need to know this right away if someone out there knows. thanks bobbie

Posted by Shirley Burns on Monday, June 11, 2012 12:42 AM ADT

is anyond having any luck with summer squashk Mind just colapsed. also Is it too late to plant okra

• BUGS!!!!!!

Posted by PJ Stolz on Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:27 PM ADT

um okay so our indoor plants seem to have a bug infestation we have already lost our lavender. Help?

Posted by donald hunt on Friday, July 6, 2012 3:07 PM ADT

I live in a retirement facility. I have a small personal garden. The local squirrels raid my tomatoes. I have seen that fake owl can repel...WHERE COULD I FIND ONE?...Any other ideas, I don't want to poisen them.

Posted by Tina Thompson on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:54 PM ADT

Okay, so this is the first time I have tried a chat room. I have a pretty nice garden here in northern AZ. Of course the squash is VERY prolefic. I have pickling cucumbers that are just now starting to come off. Does anyone have an idea on how to keep them fresh until I get enough for a good batch of pickles?

• egg shape growth on pin oak leaf

Posted by al on Friday, August 24, 2012 7:38 PM ADT

I am wondering if anyone can help me understand the egg shape growth on top side of the leaves. The tree is a 50 feet mature pin oak near a lake and nearly all leaves has this odd growth.

• Will asphalt harm rose bushes?

Posted by Lee A. Howsmon on Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:40 PM ADT

I have a very small rose garden and some extra roof shingles so I thought I would place the shingles around the bed before placing wood chips on top. Will that harm my roses?reids men

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be displayed on the fourm.
Your message will appear on the site after it has been reviewed by Veseys staff. Your patience is appreciated.